Tips for Reading to Your Child
- Sit close to the child. Cuddle or sit the child on your lap. Be
- Talk about the pictures. Point things out.
- Involve the child. Ask the child to point out things in the pictures.
Do you see the puppy dog? Show me the puppy dog! Good!
- Let the child turn the pages.
- Gently run the tip of your finger under the text as you read.
- Let the child join in and "read along" by filling in
his or her favourite parts of the story, or words that repeat throughout
- "Act" the story with your voice and body.
- Don’t worry about reading for a long time. And you don’t have
to read the WHOLE book. A few minutes and a page or two are fine!!!
- Have fun!